Thursday, September 28, 2006

My first post

August 27, 2006 -- A day that I wish I could do over -- a day that I wish would just be like any other day -- the day that my beautiful 16 year old daughter Kaitlyn died.

I have felt so many emotions since that day -- some I understand -- some take me to my knees in a pain that I cannot begin to explain. She was my world -- my best friend -- my life. I miss her more everyday -- it still does not seem real -- I keep waiting to hear her voice -- but then reality hits and I know that will never happen --

My new normal SUCKS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheri,

What a great way to describe life now..."my new normal". You summed it all up with those 3 words.

Strange how we see things. There were those times "before" the accident and then is now. A simple line divides the past and present.

Hang in there...

Love,
Juanita

Anonymous said...

I understand your new normal. My daughter, who was almost 18, was killed suddently in a car collision 2 1/2 years ago. Life is simply not the same. I too, am undergoing a new normal. I am not longer a "mom" to her and miss her so deeply. No, she wasn't perfect, who is? It really angered me that her friend, who was driving the car pled not guilty all the way, until the police had so much evidence that she finally pled guilty, sparing us a trial. You are in my thoughts and prayers.