Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Removing Her Computer









I have been trying to organize our office for a couple of months. I have been doing a little every night for the past week. Tonight I took down Kaitlyn's computer -- I never thought that something so simple would be so hard -- I have been crying the whole time I have been moving it -- it makes it seem so real (like her not being here for the past 8 months hasn't been real) -- this is the first thing of hers that we do something with -- I cannot begin to think what it will be like when I go through her room. I miss her so much that I cannot even begin to descibe the ache in my heart. I just want to wake up from this awful nightmare.

When I look over in the corner where her computer used to be it just looks so empty -- just like I feel.


I love you Kaitlyn






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I sit here crying. My heart breaks for you. I cannot even imagine how you feel, only how I THINK I would feel.

You will continue to be in my prayers. I admire your strength. You may not believe you have it, but you do.

Mere said...

Hey Cheri,
You don't know me. I found you through 2peas. Please know that I am praying for you. I am in high school as well, but don't do any sort of drugs. You can stop by my blog some time. If you ever need someone to talk to, my ears are always open.

Luv, Mere

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh Honey.. thank you for coming here and sharing your heart.. my heart is breaking for you.. I love how you write about your daughter.. I feel like I'm there with you watching your memories...
I have a 16 year old daughter..and because of Kaitlyn's song I have talked to her more openly about things.. I thank you for that!! I love your strength and your honesty!! I'll be praying for comfort for you and yours!!

EquineSpirit said...

((HUGS!!)) I saw the link to your website on 2Peas. Curiousity got the better of me and so I had to check it out. I'm so glad I did as I will hug my little guys a little tighter from now on. I can't imagine what you're going through but please know I am thinking about you and your family and sending you good thoughts in hopes of helping you through this incredibly difficult time. Again...((HUGS!!))