Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hope

I have a friend that I met on 2Peas and she is going through crap with her daughter -- her daughter ran away and was gone for three weeks. Mom was frantic with worry and thankfully daughter returned safe -- they have a long road ahead of them but for now her daughter is safe. Hugs to you both and know that we are here for you.

This got me thinking -- and wondering -- would it be better to not know where Kaitlyn was and have the hope that she may walk in the door OR have the knowledge of where she is and know that I will never see her again (well until I get to Heaven)

This is what my friend wrote to me about her feelings:

"The hope of seeing her again really WAS the only thing that kept me going most of the time.. take that away and well I don't know how you go on. "

I don't have anything to compare the two feelings too because Kaitlyn never went missing so I guess it is easy for me to say that I would change places with them because I wish so desperately that I still had the HOPE that she will maybe one day walk through the door again.

While I empathize with families that have loved ones missing I can't help but be jealous of the HOPE that they still have. I am sure that they are hurting and missing their loved ones and while I wish I could say that I understand -- I don't because I would LOVE to change places with them (I think).

3 comments:

. said...

I don't blame you for being jealous. I would be to. You are a good friend to be there for her even though it hurts.

Courtney said...

i dont blame you for being jealous either, but then again you DO know where she is...safe and sound in the arms of the LORD and although you DO miss her you cant keep wishing and hopign that she was here...i know how you feel. If i get sad I just think how much happier our loved ones are now that they are in HEAVEN! I love you Cheri...{HUGS}

Unknown said...

You are a wonderful friend. Truly.