Thursday, November 16, 2006

Memories of Christmas 1976

I can so relate to my grandmother who lost her son in 1976. My uncle was 42 and he died a couple of weeks before Christmas -- I was 12. My Mamom was the greatest person -- we always went to her house for Christmas eve -- it was so much fun -- but Christmas 1976 was different. She was so sad and really did not want to celebrate. At 12 I just did not understand -- but now I do -- I just cannot imagine what Christmas will be like -- no one gets this pain that a mom feels when they loose a child -- it changes you in a way that you can NEVER recover from.

MaMom -- I get it now -- I understand why you were so sad -- and I understand why you were never the same after Dec 1976. Please keep an eye on Kaitlyn -- I know that you two would have gotten along great.

1 comment:

Tami said...

i found your blog via 2p's. i am so sorry about your daughter. i lost my brother 13 years ago at the age of 22 on 12/17. Holidays are difficult. I hope that the memories you had with her will help you through these next few weeks and monthly to follow.