Sunday, December 03, 2006

Let me say her name


So many times lately I have noticed that uncomfortable look on people's faces when I say Kaitlyn name or talk about her. It makes me wonder -- Have I done that in the past? and if I did OMGosh I am so sorry.

Talking about Kaitlyn, remembering her quirks is all I have left of her. It is all I can do now. While everyone else is talking about what their kids are DOING all I can do is talk about what Kaitlyn has DONE. I have no future to talk about, only memories. So please let me talk about them without feeling like I am making you uncomfortable. Try to put yourself in my place, Kaitlyn is still my daughter and I still want -- no make that NEED to talk about her. She will always be a HUGE part of my life - she is on my mind each and every moment of the day.

So next time you tell a story about one of your kids -- take a moment and think --how would you feel if every time you mentioned your child's name someone tried to change the subject, had a uncomfortable look on their face or just stopped talking to you. What if most people that you come across each day would do this-- how would you feel???

This is my new normal -- it sucks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're absolutely right! I hope people aren't thinking things, I wouldn't if you were talking to me. That's a great picture of her, it really shows her personality.

Dawn said...

People do this to my mother in law so much that she is moving away, she can't take it anymore. I always wondered if this happened to other people. I just sent her a link to your blog.