Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Memorial for Kaitlyn

Jon and I would like to do something at the school that Kaitlyn attended as a memorial -- plant a Magnolia Tree. I keep second guessing my self -- will they want her memory to live on at the school -- is she worthy -- In MY mind she is BUT what about other people -- how will they feel -- how would I feel if it was not MY child -- I do know that Kaitlyn LOVED going to school at College Park -- (and that is saying a lot because she HATED school) -- and I know that she felt good about herself there -- the teachers and administration have my undieing gratitude for the way our family has been treated -- they were awesome. This is how ALL schools should be.

Maybe I am being paranoid and this is a non issue -- I just don't know what I will do if they tell me NO -- I don't think they will BUT what if they do -- I just know that I think her memory might save a life when people hear her story they may think twice about their choices and her memory will do something positive--

I am rambling today because my thoughts are ALL over the place -- I really want this to happen for her but at the same time I am scared of the possible outcome -- I will update more when I get the answer from the school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry they'll say yes, it's a wonderful idea to do in her honor!

Unknown said...

Go for it Cheri! Say "no" to a new tree! It's a great idea and I can't imagine they would turn you down. Especially since you said the staff/teachers have been great so far. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Go for it Cheri! If the staff/teachers have been supportive they will think it's great! A magnolia tree would be beautiful on the grounds of the campus. Put a permanent memorial with it so when someone reads it they will know it was planted for Kaitlyn!

Jill said...

I think it's a wonderful idea too. My son's elementary has a playhouse on the playground in honor of a little girl that was run over in front of the school. The kids know why the playhouse was built and I like to think the adults take a little extra care in their driving around the school when they see it.