Monday, March 19, 2007

Sunday Nights

It has been 28 Sunday Nights since my world turned upside down -- 29 weeks ago yesterday (March 18) was the last time I talked to Kaitlyn.

Will my Sunday's ever be the same -- will I ever stop looking at the clock at 8:10 pm and think "What IF ..........."

Sunday Nights for me used to be watching Extreme Makeover, Depespate Housewives and Greys Anatomy with Kaitlyn -- it was something we did together -- Jon was at church and Jeremy was at work -- just us veggen out in front of the TV -- I have not watched any of these shows in 29 weeks -- I just can't do it --

When will Sunday nights be about veggin in front of the TV again with no flashbacks to that horrible night -- I still hear the paramedics talking when the DH theme song comes on -- to keep me sane I have to believe that one day I will get past this feeling of dread at 8:10 pm every Sunday -- that the time will come when Sunday Nights are just like any other night --

Unfortunately I don't see that happenning anytime soon

1 comment:

Jody said...

I am so sorry for the death of your daughter, and the grief you now carry in your heart and soul. I hope you will continue to seek peace and comfort in this 'new life' you now live. Thank you for commenting on my blog. I hope you will read it and find more strength for your journey. It is a process. It is long and painful...but I am living proof that there is hope and joy in life when we seek it (and sometimes have to create it) all along the way. My best to you.