Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn would have been 18 last Thursday -- this is the day she looked forward to more than any that I can remember -- she wanted to be 18 so very bad -- to her it meant freedom -- to me it meant my baby was one step closer to becoming an adult -- she never did get to be 18 but I think she has the ultimate freedom now --





That day was extremely hard for Jon and I -- both of us had a very hard time that day -- which is weird because that has never happened before - usually one of us is there for the other one but Thursday was the hardest day for both of us since we lost Kaitlyn -- and since it has been so long no one thought to call us to see how we were doing -- so we had to rely on each other to get through the day -- it made us both realize that no matter what happens we WILL be there for each other and together we will make it through the bad day for the rest of our lives.





Kaitlyn's friends are all turning 18 this year too and many of them are getting tattoos as a remememberance of Kaitlyn -- Here is her friend Kelly's tattoo and why Kelly got the tattoo.







Ever since i met kaitlyn she has always loved butterflys. probabley because they are so beautiful and harmless just like her. Everyone could see no matter how much kait tried to seem tough, deep down she has such a big heart, she will do anything for you because she would never want to see her friends sad. A butterfly really symbolizes her, nothin else could be more perfect then gettin a butterly for her, but to show it is just for her i made the body of the butterfly a cross. and when i have the guts i will get it finished and put RIP kaitlyn over it like in a rainbow shape over the tattoo. im glad im one of the first people to get a tattoo for her because now all her friends wants to show how much they care. i got the tattoo as soon as i could and would have gotten it the day you left us but i had to wait till i turned 18 and i got it that day! i didnt wait another minute! i never want to forget kaitlyn and i feel like seeing this tattoo will always remind me. i think about her everyday since i see my tattoo in the mirror everyday, sometimes it makes me cry but other times it makes me so happy because i look at the bright side and see how much shes changed so many peoples lives. and it makes me so happy to know it will be there forever. :) just like she wil be in my heart forever. i will never find another friend like her but im so honered that i at least had her in my life for as long as i did. i love you and miss you terribly kait. keep watchin over us.





Cheri

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just happened upon your blog. My son's birthday is February 12, as well. After reading your family's story and that of your beautiful Kaitlyn, she will always be remembered when we celebrate my son's birthday. Tonight he is having his actual birthday sleepover with some kids from school (he is 10), and he asked if he could put an extra candle on his cake for her. As he blows them out tonight, know that your daughter has made a difference in another person's life.

Unknown said...

I just happened upon your blog. My son's birthday is February 12, as well. After reading your family's story and that of your beautiful Kaitlyn, she will always be remembered when we celebrate my son's birthday. Tonight he is having his actual birthday sleepover with some kids from school (he is 10), and he asked if he could put an extra candle on his cake for her. As he blows them out tonight, know that your daughter has made a difference in another person's life.

Anonymous said...

Cheri I "know" you from 2peas, and I just stopped by here today I'm having my own bad day my angel Baby would have been 3 today, he only lived 52 minutes and I've said so many time in the past 3 years the only thing worst would have been something happening to him when he was grown..I don't know what to say other then from one broken heart mom to another I'm thinking about you and your beautiful daughter!

Anonymous said...

cheri,
i am so sorry that nobody called you on k's b.day. i feel horrible.you know i am always there for you {and jon}. again, i am so super sorry.
~d